Friday 3 July 2009

Kaiser Chiefs v Arctic Monkeys

Kaiser Chief drummer Nick Hodgson tells XFM that they are “going to record (new songs) and then put them out” separately because “albums are a bit boring at the moment,” but they will “consider that later”, he then goes to say, “I really think it’s our best song ever, but I’m not going to tell you what it’s called. I’m really eager about the new ones because everybody who’s heard them, basically in our team, are going on about them and saying they’re the best ones we’ve ever done… which is good.”
Hmm, albums are boring? I beg to differ. Maybe he meant Kaiser Chief albums are boring… lazy hooks and shallow piece of music don’t really float my boat. They will never match the Arctic Monkeys’ or Blur’s accuracy and watching story telling border. Even still, is a total, rational album too much to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment